Local bird enthusiasts are linking up with the national Birds in Backyards Program.
Read all about it at:
It's going to be launched with an event worth attending. Perhaps you'd like to book in?
Backyard Birds of the Toowoomba Region Launch
WHEN: 18 May 2013
WHERE: In the SES quarters on Hume St. -the old TAFE building)
1. Opening by Mayor
2. The National Birds in Backyard Program (Holly Parsons,
Birds in Backyards Program Manager)
3. Suitable plants to attract birds (Patricia Gardner)
4. Cultivated plant suitable/available for Toowoomba gardens
(Toowoomba SGAP member)
5. How to identify birds (Toowoomba Bird Observers Club
6. Using Bird Finder program and reporting birds to BIBY web
site online (Grahame Rogers, BirdLife Southern Queensland)
1 pm – 4 pm Field trip to bird-friendly garden (inner city, large block
on urban fringe Toowoomba Field Naturalist Club members ).
Cost $5 (to be paid on arrival).
RSVP essential to Grahame Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 4698